2.20.2005

Move

Yeah, I know it's been a while sorry to leave both of my readers in the lurch. Anywhoo, here's the skinny. FTP is is treating me well I'm crawling through the bonus, but some of the players there more than make up for the slow bonus.
I'm easily impressed, so I absolutely love that table rotates to put you in the same spot when multi-tabling. Just show me something shiny, like pasties....damn did I type that out loud.

I am continually amazed at how many bad some poker players there are. I am by no means a high-rollin-taking-the-tour-by-storm-wonderkid, I'd say average to slightly above average poker player. Don't get me wrong, I love these, I will bluff you out of the pot, all-in callin with second pair, missed draw attempting to buy the pot, players.

That why I'm in a dilemma, a conundrum, a quandary if you will.

What "light-bulb" moment did you have that, made you move up in levels?
(aside from having the bankroll to do it)
At the level I'm playing I typically double my buy in, and almost never finish a session down.
(I don't say this to brag or boast, just to give a frame of reference, many of you play better & higher than I do).

What clicked? Did you jump in the pool, or just dip a toe in?
I need your insight, I need the omnipresent-booming-voice of the poker blogger community, to guide me past this crossroads.
In other words.....Y'all got any advice on moving up in levels?

Recent-run-of-good-cards-while-playing-poker-music

Etta James-Rocks The House
Neutral Milk Hotel-Aeroplane..
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds-Murder Ballads
Robert Earl Keen-Picnic
Outkast-ATLiens
Slim Cessna's Auto Club-The Blovdy..
Metallica-Kill'em All

save me a seat at the final table

4 Comments:

At 4:38 PM , Blogger Heafy said...

Moving up -firstly, as you say, you need the bank roll. Next, I'd say if you are three tabling, maybe try 1 of the tables at the higher level. If you are consistently winning at the lower level then don't abandon it totally until you are comfortable at the higher level. There are bad players at every level of poker - and I mean EVERY level.

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger April said...

I moved up once I had the roll, and like you, was regularly doubling or tripling my buy in at my table. I jumped in head first, and promptly got my butt kicked. :) I think this was more a mental block thing for me, not really a player thing...b/c yes, the fish are everywhere.

So yea, playing both levels for a while might not be such a bad idea.

BTW...awesome to see someone else has heard of Slim Cessna's Auto Club. "Last Song About Satan" is one of my faves.

 
At 6:55 PM , Blogger hdouble said...

Once or twice a week, if you've had a big winning session or two, take the winnings from that session and use them as a buy in for the next limit up. If you lose your buy-in, then drop back down to your regular limit. If you win, you can continue playing that limit until you lose the buy in amount. This way, you're sort of free-rolling.

The 300bb bankroll rule is very misunderstood. Don't be afraid to take a shot (but limit yourself to a single buy in).

 
At 3:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've been dipping my toes into the $1/$2NL and $2/$4 games while still playing my usual $1/$2 limit and $.50/$1NL 3-4 tables by playing 1 table at the higher limit and paying "more" attention to the higher stakes table.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.